We, like every surgery are struggling to manage the demand for appointments, and have taken a number of steps to try to improve access to appointments, for example:
- The majority of our appointments (except locum GP's and all nursing appointments) are available to book online.
- We opted in to a local option to deliver more appointments both in and outside of the core opening hours from April 2017.
- At 8am, those logged into their online access will see the same as what our staff here see.
- We have appointments available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.10am (which are either 'general' or 'local extended hours' appts for those booking online).
- We have introduced appointments that are released at 8.10am on different days to try to help with our pinch points which are either in 24 or 48 hours, or 7 or 14 days. This was to try to offer more availability.
- Mondays are always all unblocked on the day to enable those that need to be seen that day easy access.
- When we have GP's on leave, we do employ regular locum GP's to cover.
- We also have access to the additional hub appointments that are provided across the borough which are on evenings and weekends.
Our GP's, like with many, will take their holidays outside of school term time, this often means that appointments during school holidays will almost all be unblocked on the day (apart from appointments before 8am and after 6.30pm as these are always pre-bookable). If you need to see a GP to follow up an on-going issue, this can be booked in.
Online access has gotten excellent feedback so if you are having trouble booking appointments we would strongly advise you to look into setting up an online access account.