Is your loved one living with dementia?
Is their behaviour causing you anxiety and stress?
Would you like to know more?
Some support, advice and a few tips and tricks might help.
Home Instead runs a monthly workshop specifically aimed at loved ones.
During our workshops we cover topics including:
- Why behaviour has changed – what is going on in the brain to cause:
- Wandering and disturbed nights
- Poor nutrition and hydration
- Lack of social graces
- Aggression and emotions
- Loneliness and isolation
- How using the ‘right’ language can make a difference to how cooperative they will be
- Knowing what type of dementia your loved one has as it can explain a lot
- How to pick your battles
- When to get help and where to go to get it
Workshops are held once a month at our Home Instead office in New Malden and are free to attend.
Places are limited so booking is essential.