Make an appointment by visiting the consulting room.
We are currently operating a triage first model. If the GP feels they need to see a patient for a face-to-face appointment, then they will be booked in for one. The best way to book an appointment is to call first thing in the morning at 08:00 for a book on the day appointment Please call 020 8971 5640 to book an appointment. For a same day appointment please call as close to 8am as possible.
If you are not able to call the practice at 08:00, you can use the Doctorlink online triage tool. Doctorlink connects you to your GP practice allowing you to check your symptoms online, gives medical advice based on your symptoms and provides access to GP services – www.doctorlink.com.
We have emergency appointments available Monday – Friday at the end of morning and evening surgery. If you call the surgery outside of opening hours, you will be automatically directed to our out of hours service. Home Visits
Home visits are reserved for patients who are too ill to leave their home. If you feel you require a home visit, please contact reception before 11:00 if possible
We offer some early morning (from 07:10-08:00) and late evening (from 18:30-19:50) extended hour appointments. Please ask reception for further details online, call or check your patient online appointments for the locally extended hours.
Hub Appointments On Evenings And Weekends
We are now able to offer routine and on the day appointments between 17:00 and 20:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings at our hub practice, which is an extension of our services here at Francis Grove. These are appointments for both GP’s and nurses which can be booked up to a week in advance.
There are some things the hub GP’s cannot see, but receptionists will be able to advise if your issue can be seen at the hub. Should you have any questions, then please ask reception.
There are currently a number of GP hubs in the borough; we are currently able to book into the Lambton Road Medical Practice Hub as our first choice, our second option is Wimbledon Medical Practice and on Wednesdays we can book into the Nelson Medical Practice hub.
Nursing appointments are across the same hubs.
The clinicians working at the hub have direct access to your medical records, they type directly in to your medical record in the same way our GP’s and nurses do here. They task clinicians, admin and reception to follow up in the same way as we do already.
Please ask about these appointments, if you would like to book one.
Update On Our Appointments System
We, like every surgery are struggling to manage the demand for appointments and have taken a number of steps to try to improve access to appointments, for example:
- The majority of our appointments (except locum GP’s and all nursing appointments) are available to book online.
- We opted in to a local option to deliver more appointments both in and outside of the core opening hours from April 2017.
- At 08:00, those logged into their online access will see the same as what our staff here see.
- We have appointments available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 07:00 (which are either ‘general’ or ‘local extended hours’ appointments for those booking online).
- We have introduced appointments that are released at 08:10 on different days to try to help with our pinch points which are either in 24 or 48 hours, or 7 or 14 days. This was to try to offer more availability.
- Mondays are always unblocked on the day, to enable those that need to be seen that day, easy access.
- When we have GP’s on leave, we do employ regular locum GP’s to cover.
- We also have access to the additional hub appointments that are provided across the borough which are on evenings and weekends.
Our GP’s, like with many, will take their holidays outside of school term time, this often means that appointments during school will almost all be unblocked on the day (apart from appointments before 08:00 and after 18:30, as these are always pre-bookable).
- If you need to see a GP to follow up an on-going issue, this can be booked online or by phoning reception.